Day Respite Room
The Day Respite Room (DRR) at the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas offers families of hospitalized children a place to rest and regroup away from the stress of the hospital environment.
Just moments away from many area hospitals, the Day Respite Room will be available to guests from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and provides:
- A seating area with a television.
- A kitchenette area with microwave and mini refrigerator.
- A computer with internet access.
- Access to all public areas on our first floor including the children’s play room, outdoor courtyard, dining room, and much more.
- Food and beverages during meal service times.
Guest Eligibility Criteria
- Guests must have a child 18 years old or younger who is receiving medical treatment.
- All patients (including those aged 18 or over) who utilize the Day Respite Room must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- There is no mileage requirement to utilize the Day Respite Room at the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas.
- Guests must be directly involved with the daily support of the patient, including siblings of the patient.
- For the initial visit to the DRR, a referral from a member of your child's medical team is required.
Referrals for guests to use the DRR may be made by calling the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas at 214-631-7354. The DRR can accommodate up to five (5) guest families daily and will have access to all public areas on the first floor. Referrals may be made up to three (3) months prior to the date the DRR is needed. Confirming space availability will be done the day before the family needs to utilize the DRR. Families will be contacted by a member of the Operations staff or Volunteer by 9:00 p.m. each day to confirm the availability of space for the following day. Space will be confirmed for current day use if it is available.